Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweeeeet first half-day!!

I would like for all the moms, dads, and grandparents to know that your 2nd grader had a sweeeeet first half-day of school!!

We had a great time getting to know each other by using the "Little Bit About Me Bag". I even had a bag to share:) The class learned that I LOVE cats and have a white kitty named Frixie. I also showed off my family picture of my husband Jeff, my son Zack (8th grade), and my daughter Ellie (5th grade). Finally, I showed my candy from Japan, and shared with the class that I was born there and moved to the United States when I was in 2nd grade!

We also learned how to "Read to Self", and practiced where to sit, and how to read quietly. I was VERY proud of everyone.

Before dismissal time, we looked over our first set of spelling words...super easy! But I told the kids not to worry...I will be adding on 5 CHALLENGE words next week to keep their brains learning:)

Don't forget that tomorrow night is our Back to School Night at 7pm! (PARENTS ONLY) Looking foward to seeing all of you in the classroom.

Blessings,

Mrs. Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment